Inactive Project: Medline Database on TAP
MD on Tap is an application for PDAs that retrieves MEDLINE® citations directly from the PDA through a wireless connection to the Internet.
This program is developed for mobile health care professionals who seek medical information when away from their desktop computers.
The project goal is to discover and implement design principles to facilitate practitioners’ access to online medical information at the point of service.
There are versions of the MD on Tap Client for PDAs and PDA/Cellphones with both Pocket PC and with Palm Operating Systems. The PDA or PDA/Cellphone must have a wireless connection to the Internet.
Download MD on TAP
1. MEDLINE search limits
2. History of previous queries
3. Save citations to a PDA text file
4. Subject clusters
5. Related Articles
6. Link-out to full-text Web sites
7. Evidence Based Medicine clusters
8. Set default number of results
9. Auto reset of user preferences on startup
10. “English + Human” limit
11. Auto Spell Check
12. Select from 3 Search Engines
13. Select “Summary” or “Title” Results
14. Optional PICO Search Tab